BIRN launches Investigative Fund
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network is launching an Emergency media support fund to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 pandemic on journalists.
Through this fund we aim to increase cooperation between journalists in the region and their knowledge and skills through joint cooperation on cross-border investigative stories.
The stories should be original, evidence-based and rich in context, showing new or broader insights into the region.
Who can apply?
Regional teams with professional freelance or staff journalists are eligible to apply for the fund. Journalists can also apply individually, and BIRN will help them by connecting them with reporters in other countries in case they want to form a cross-border team.
How to apply?
Applicants should complete and submit only one application with one proposal. The application must be completed in English.
1. Filled out application form (attached to this CfA) with clear and relevant topic proposal regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
2. Proposals should be developed independently by applicants. It is your responsibility to ensure you can devote enough time to researching and reporting the story and publishing the final article through BIRN
3. If you are a staff journalist – potential to reach audience via your media outlet, we can work with you and your outlet for a joint-bylined article.
Prior consent by your employer
4. At least three example of your writing along with the application form. Sample articles may be in English or local languages.
5. Willingness to work in regional team if you did not assemble your own
Deadline for applications is 12th July.
For more information https://euwbmedia.com/investigative-fund/